We offer a unique line of Sweet 16 Party Invitations. We will customize the text specifically for your special occasion. Choose from the designs shown below or you may choose any design from our other collections. The Basic Invitation Package includes personalized invitations and envelopes printed with your return address. We also offer other Sweet 16 Invitation Packages including personalized invitation, coordinated response card and envelopes. We will personalize and address all envelopes. You will have the opportunity to view an on line proof before we go to print. Coordinated reception cards, map details, direction cards, programs, pamphlets and thank you cards are also available.
See sample Sweet 16 Invitation Verses, Wording.
See sample Sweet 16 Thank You Card Verses, Wording.
You may place your order online or by calling us toll free at 888-286-0365.
When you place your order, please have the following information ready.
Here’s how you can get the best photograph of your Sweet 16 Girl, so that we can make the best quality print on your invitation.
See our blog post Sweet 16 Series – Part 01
For more than ten years, IPV Studio has been privileged to serve thousands of families preparing for their daughters’ Sweet 16s. Often times when parents called in to order their Sweet 16 Party Invitations with us, they were coping with the stress of planning the party, seeking advice about various aspects of the party, or looking for a sounding …….
1. Please be our guest as we celebrate the Sweet Sixteen of (girl’s name)
2. Celebrate . . . (girl’s name)’s Sweet 16
3. Our princess (girl’s name) is turning Sweet Sixteen!
4. Our angel (girl’s name) is turning Sweet Sixteen!
5. Prepare for an evening of enchantment
Only once in her life does a girl turn Sweet 16
It’s a magical time when the whole world seems to gleam
There’s a party for our princess (girl’s name)
With dancing and fun
Celebrate under the stars with everyone
6. An awesome party for a groovy chick
This Sweet 16 party will be a kick!
7. Say good-bye to dollies and toys
Say hello to make-up and boys!
8. The joy of your company is requested as we celebrate the Sweet 16 of (girl’s name)
9. A girl turns Sweet Sixteen only once in her life, and on this special occasion (girl’s name) would love for you to join her in celebration.
10. It’s hard to believe it . . . but (girl’s name) is going to be Sweet Sixteen!
11. “I, (girl’s name), am celebrating my Sweet Sixteen.
This is a very special event in my life.
Being Sweet Sixteen symbolizes that I am now ready to step into
womanhood, to honor my family, and to reaffirm my
Faith in God, My Church, and My Community. I am prepared
to face the challenges that lie ahead of me.
I would be honored if you would accept my invitation
to be part of my special day.”
12. (Name of party venue) will be the scene
To celebrate (Girl’s Name) Sweet 16
(Party Date) is the date
The party starts at (Party Time) so don’t be late
Your presence is crucial, so RSVP
By returning your response card ASAP
13. Her dream is about to come true
Invite you to celebrate at a Grand Ball
In honor of their daughter
14. (Parents’ Names)
request the pleasure of your company
as they celebrate the Sweet 16th Birthday
of their daughter
15. Once upon a time a young girl had a dream
To have the most beautiful party anyone has ever seen
We ask you to join us and make her dream come true
It just won’t be the same without a special guest like you
Sweet Sixteen Party Invitations – Thank You Card Sample Verses, Wording
1. Thank you for the wonderful gift.
2. It was wonderful of you to share my Special Day with me. Thank you for
your good thoughts, your generous gift and for being there. It means the
world to me that you care.
3. Thank You for joining me
On my special day.
Your generosity and thoughtfulness
were very much appreciated.
4. This brings sincere thanks
For the lovely gift you sent,
I wish to tell you
Just how much it meant.
5. You brought joy to my special day
Thank you for your thoughtful gift.
6. Of all the gifts,
Love is the best.
7. I am so happy that you were able to share my day with me
Either by being there or remembering with your generosity.
Thank you so much for being part of my Sweet Sixteen!
8. One thank you for the gift,
And another for the thought.
A dozen thank yous couldn’t tell you
All the happiness they brought.
Choose one of our verses or compose one of your own!
1. The style number of the card.
2. Your choice of verse.
3. Name of person(s) being honored.
4. Name of celebration and complete address of venue.
5. Date and time of your event.
6. Host signature, if you choose to use one.
7. Your R.S.V.P. date and information. If you are ordering response cards, we will print the addressee’s name on the label at no extra charge. If the cards will be returned to someone other than yourself, please have that person’s name and address ready. Please decide if you want the addressee’s name to be that of an individual or a family.
If your caterer needs totals on various entrees in advance of the party, and you want to place the selection of entrees on your response card, please have the selection ready. It’s best to use the caterer’s exact names for the entrees, so that your guests will have a good idea of what they’re ordering. If there is a separate children’s menu that’s already been selected, you might want to make that clear.
8. The return address as it will appear on the back flap of the main envelope.
9. Your payment information. Please have your credit card ready.
10. If you require a rush job, please let us know this up front. Our standard turn around time is ten business days from approval of on line proof till shipping from our NYC headquarters. West Coast customers may choose from standard ground, 3 day air, 2 day air, or overnight shipping. We ship via USPS, UPS, or Fedex, selecting the best method for each individual order.
11. If you’re selecting a font that’s different from what’s shown on our page, please have its name ready. We can accommodate you where most standard fonts are concerned. If we can’t get an exact match, we will show you close matches. Please specify the color that you want your text to be.
12. If you are writing your own verse, please send it via e-mail. This will eliminate any problems or typos that may arise while transcribing. However, it’s not mandatory that you send it by e-mail. If you prefer, you can telephone us and recite the verse for Debbie to transcribe.
13. We can accommodate most foreign languages that are based on the Roman alphabet. However, it will be the customer’s responsibility to proof read all foreign language text and make sure that it’s correct. We can transcribe letters and words, but we are not fluent in foreign languages, so we must be sure that the customer can proof read the foreign language texts.
For non-Roman alphabets, if the customer can fax us the type-set text, or e-mail it as an attachment, chances are good that we can use it on the card as an image.
There will be a surcharge for any long verse written in any foreign language using a non-Roman alphabet.
14. Special for Sweet 16 parents:
Sweet 16 Parties sometimes present unique circumstances. Because the invitations are being received and read by young teenagers, who may not yet be familiar with party etiquette, sometimes its best to make your intention absolutely clear when formulating your invitation text.
Please consider if you want to stipulate the following:
a. That your party begins and ends at a specific time, and is not an all night affair.
b. If you expect your guests to conform to a certain type of dress, it’s best to say so. Suggestions: Formal, Semi-Formal, Casual Chic, etc. If you expect the boys attending the party to wear ties, it’s best to make clear that the party is Formal dress. If you’re having a themed party and you want your guests to dress accordingly, you might want to spell this out too. Suggestions: Hawaiian shirts for a luau.
If necessary, you can break up your order so that some of the cards specifically instruct the teens not to wear Do Rags, Jeans, Sneakers, Bandanas, Belly Shirts, etc. This can be worded politely and tactfully. Those invitations can go to the teens, and an invitation with different text can go to your family and friends. Provided that the differences in text are minimal, there will be no extra charge for breaking up the order like this.
c. If a teen hasn’t attended many Sweet 16 Parties, he/she might not understand that the invitation is intended for him/her alone. We have had customers report unfortunate incidents in which one invited guest arrived at the party with five uninvited friends in tow. When the host is paying in excess of $50 per head for the affair, and a few guests do that, your expenses can spiral out of control quickly. To prevent such an incident from happening at your party, you may consider adding the text: Attendance by Invitation Only.
d. If the party is inappropriate for young children, you may want to make it clear that there’s a baseline age for attendance, and that the party isn’t suitable for younger siblings.
e. Are you concerned about your guests arriving late? Is your Sweet 16 Girl going to launch the affair by making dedications, and do you want to be sure that your guests have arrived in time to hear them? You might want to add this text:
Please make this a special day for [Girl’s Name] by arriving on time for her dedications.
15. Finally, and we can’t say this often enough:
If you come to us at the last minute, with less than a month remaining to your affair, we will do whatever we can to help you. We do accept rush jobs (except in December) at an additional fee, and you can opt for Fedex overnight shipping. However, it is always best to allow yourself breathing room when ordering invitations. It will reduce the wear and tear on the host, and help you to better enjoy the anticipation of your party, if the invitations are in your hands eight weeks before the party date.
We find that the best rule of thumb is to have the invitations in the mail eight weeks before the party is scheduled. Two weeks before the party, you should have received all of the R.S.V.P. cards or calls. If you stick to that guideline, it will ease your journey through your preparations for your big event.
1. You can use a school photo, or arrange for a session with a portrait studio. Portraits taken by professional photographers tend to work ideally. The focus is sharp, the subject is well posed, the background is neutral, and the lighting is perfect. We can make a great print with a photo like this.
2. If you choose to take the photograph yourself, please bear the following in mind:
A. Consider how well the girl is lit. Try to have your Sweet 16 girl standing in natural light, either outdoors or indoors with the light coming in through a window. Make sure that the light isn’t blinding, and that it isn’t making her squint. Be sure that the girl is not standing in front of a window on a brilliant sunny afternoon. While she may look great in the room, she will wind up photographing as a dark silhouette in front of the light coming in through the window. The lighting source should be coming over the photographer’s shoulder and falling on the girl. It should not be behind the girl. Make sure that there are no shadows falling on the girl, because if there are, they could ruin an otherwise great photograph.
B. Try to arrange to have a neutral background behind her. If the girl has had her hair and makeup done, and she’s wearing a tiara and she’s dressed to the nines in her gown, please do not pose her inside a cluttered bedroom, or any other area in the house that hasn’t been straightened up. Even if the house is immaculate, the furniture in the background may wind up distracting the eye from the subject of the photo. Ideally, you’d like the girl to stand before a blank wall. You could also choose to hang a clean, stain free, well ironed, solid colored bed sheet on the wall behind her, and use that as a backdrop.
C. Make sure that the girl has brushed her hair. The camera can be unforgiving; it can pick up what the naked eye may not see. Wisps of stray hair will show up in your photo, and may give the girl a messier appearance. Also, make sure that the girl’s makeup has been touched up, that there is no lipstick on her teeth, and that she isn’t chewing gum.
D. Make sure that you hold your camera as still and as steady as possible. This will help you get a sharper print. If you have a tripod, use it. If you don’t have a tripod, try resting your camera, or your elbows, on any fixed piece of heavy furniture or any solid surface. The more that you (as the photographer) can keep your body still while shooting the photos, the better the chances that you won’t make any small movement that could wind up blurring your photograph.
E. If you are taking photographs with a digital camera, we encourage you to take a LOT of photos of the girl in several different poses. Some professional portrait photographers will take 48 shots of the subject, so that they have a large selection to choose from when deciding upon the final. Even if you’re using a standard camera with film, you may want to shoot an entire roll. If you only take one or two photographs, and the prints don’t live up to your expectations, it can be disappointing. You’re better off taking as many photos as you can. That way you’re bound to end up with at least one that’s perfect.
F. The Sweet 16 girl will look less stiff and posed if you can encourage her to talk during your photo session. Top fashion models cultivate the talent of conveying a message to the camera with the expressions on their faces. Try to snap the girl’s photo after she’s just finished saying something. She will wind up looking more alive, even while sitting still in a pose. More of her personality will come through in the photograph.
3. If you are sending us a photo that was taken by yourself or a friend with an auto focus camera and no tripod, which doesn’t meet the criteria above, there is still a chance that we can retouch your existing photograph so that it makes a good print on your invitations. We are happy to retouch photographs, but unfortunately, we are not magicians. If your photo requires extensive retouching, we will have to add a surcharge to your order.
4. If you are sending us a group photograph, and you want it retouched so that the Sweet 16 girl is isolated on a neutral background, make sure that the other people in the photo are not crushed against her. If they are touching her or embracing her, then it becomes very difficult for us to remove them and leave her looking as if she was standing alone. If they are covering up part of her hair or her face, or her neck and shoulders, we will not be able to reconstruct her once the other person is removed.
5. If you are sending us a digital photograph, make sure that you’ve seen a print of the photograph before you decide to use it. What looks fantastic on your computer screen may not necessarily make a fantastic print.
6. Color varies from one monitor to the next. We cannot guarantee an exact match to skin tones or the color of the girl’s dress or the background unless you have provided us with a paper sample or print before work begins. We will match your colors only if we have a sample to match them to. We cannot exactly match colors when we have nothing more than a digital photograph. We cannot accept returns on custom merchandise when a customer decides, after the fact, that she is unhappy with the colors in our print.
7. If you are choosing either the heart or the star shaped photo, please make sure that the girl’s entire head and all her hair, and the upper half of her torso are in the photo. The shapes of both the heart and the star require that there be room above the girl’s head, and room to either side of her. For the star shaped image, we require room below her chin to fill out the shape. If the photo is cropped so that the top of the sides of the girls head or hair have been cut out, then it will not work with these shapes.
8. If you are e-mailing a scan of a photograph, please try to send a file that is 300 dpi. The bigger the file, the better the print we’ll get. We accept most image formats, but we prefer .eps or .jpg files. Unless you can produce a very good scan of your print, you’re better off sending the print to us so that we can scan it. We’ll return it when we ship your order.
9. If you have a digital photograph, then you can e-mail it to us. If it’s a print photograph, then you can send it to us through the mail. We will return it to you when we ship your order.
122 Justin Avenue
Staten Island, NY 110306
Att: Debbie McKinley
|Have questions? Need help?
Read our ‘Expert Answers to your Sweet 16 Party Questions’ Answer questions like
|1. Why Have A Sweet 16?
2.Planning Ahead: Setting a Budget and Choosing a Theme
3. The Guest List and The Invitations
4.Structuring the Party – Sweet 16 Rituals
5. How to Throw a Party on a Shoestring Budget
6. Alternatives to the Big Party
7. The Sweet 16 Girl Gives Back – Parting Thoughts